Hello from Brisbane Australia

New members, your first post should be in here to introduce yourself. Welcome aboard!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
New members, please read this post and then post an introduction here! Please do not post questions in here, just introductions. Post any questions you have in the appropriate forum, it will help you get your post count up and unlock full privileges!
tims

Hello from Brisbane Australia

Post by tims »

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to say hello..

I starting with control lines a long time ago, a small spitfire with nylon control lines that made it extremely difficult to fly which was later upgraded to wire lines. I have always been fascinated by flight and wanted to get back to having some fun flying, like when I was a kid. 

Being quite an old guy now,  I decided to take on a new challenge and learn to fly RC Helicopters and I joined the QRCHA http://www.qrcha.com/ and have met up with a great bunch of guys at the Dakabin flying field. I am still a beginner, hovering around and just getting into forward flight, figure 8s and circuits.

I spend most of my spare time reading and learning about RC Helicopters, listening to the Heli podcasts or trying to practice on the simulator.

Currently I have an Align 470LM and looking to upgrade to a 500/600 class heli 6S/12S and brand is still to be decided so still looking for some good advise.

Regards,

Tim Spray
Brisbane Australia
DOG

Re: Hello from Brisbane Australia

Post by DOG »

Hey there Tim. This is just my opinion. Enjoy the Align 470LM and learn how to master it with confident and with no fear before making the move to the 500/600 class like you want. Once you make that move the price difference is alot if or when you crash for parts. Especially in the 600/700/800 class. There's so many big helis to chose from like Gaui, I'm a fan of, Synergy, Goblin, which everyone a fan of and so on. The main thing is to enjoy what ever your flying and learn from your mistakes, we all make them :lol: . It's really all up to you what would you like to upgrade to and can afford. During that time...practice,practice and practice and don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't forget...keep the skids pointed down to the ground unless your inverted :lol: Good luck and most of all just have fun doing so. :D
HK 500 DFC
Gaui X3L
Tarot 450DFC scale/Coastguard
Fossil 180
Fossil 210
Citizen member #00748
Graham Lawrie

Re: Hello from Brisbane Australia

Post by Graham Lawrie »

Hi Tim, welcome to the site from Scotland:) You will find all the help you need on here, loads of good guys on here with a varied and excellent friendly experience:)
Align 600
Align 550
Align 450 Pro V2 AR7200BX
Align150
Mini-Quad 250/Emax NightHawk /Fossil V2/TBS Disco/Volt
DX6i
MHS Brain/Spartan Vortex/AR7200BX /Microbeast Plus HD
Blade mqx
Scorpion BUG
Fatshark Predator V2 & Mobius

CITIZEN # 521
pvolcko